If my I-751 application is in process and I’m planning to travel outside the US, will be able to re-enter the US in case my I-751 rejected while I’m gone?

I’m planning to travel outside US for 2-3 months.

Asked on June 28, 2012 under Immigration Law, Massachusetts


Harun Kazmi / Kazmi and Sakata Attorneys at Law

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

That will depend. If you have your valid passport, expired card and I-751 receipt, you should be readmitted. However, if the airport searches the database and determines it was denied, you may be denied. You should check on when you filed and how long it takes at your service center to process to make sure your case is not going to be denied while you are gone. I would be happy to discuss my opinion, but we need to know what you provided and why you think it will be denied.


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.