What to do if my husband went to a dentist to get dentures but they don’t fit right and to get them to fit right he needs to pay additional money?

I don’t know if he signed something about taking those dentures. We are on Mediciad.

Asked on August 15, 2012 under Malpractice Law, Illinois


Thomas Reilly / Albert W Chianese & Associates

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor


If the dentist undertook to provide your husband with dentures he agreed to give him dentures that actually fit. You should contact Medicaid and complain to them about the doctor trying to bill you. You can also file complaints with the office of the professions if you are in New York or the government agency that licenses dentists in your state.


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.