If my husband was fired due to medical condition, what can we do?

Asked on September 20, 2012 under Employment Labor Law, Indiana


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

If your husband was fired at his place of employment due to a medical condition he has, then his firing may have been in violation of the "Americans With Disabilities Act" (ADA) where an employer is required to make reasonable accomodations for an employee who has a physical condition that impacts the ability to do work.

As such, your husband should consult with a labor law attorney and/or a representative with his local department of labor.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.