What to do if my husband was arrested and isn’t supposed to come near me or the apartment for the next 72 hours but he is now in violation of the court order?

I had the car parked at the apartment. However, when I walked out to go to a legal office, it was gone. The car is under his name but is he allowed to take it whether its in a restricted area to him?

Asked on October 28, 2013 under Criminal Law, Tennessee


Anne Brady / Law Office of Anne Brady

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

You do not know that your husband physically came on to the apartment property to retrieve his car.  He may have sent someone to pick it up for him.  Verify that your husband is in possession of the car and then let it go unless you actually see him come on your property.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.