If my husband was arrested for buying alcohol for my daughter and her friend, what are we looking at?

My daughter was having a birthday party and after a week of begging I gave in and told her I wold allow her and her friends that were staying the night have one wine cooler each. My husband took them to the gas station and the girls went in the store with him and the clerk called the police and my husband was arrested for contributing to a minor. I have been reading this is a class a misdemeanor and he had another class a misdemeanor a year ago. If you have 2 within a year but for different things what are the chances he will do a lot of jail time?

Asked on July 21, 2012 under Criminal Law, Texas


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Given the fact that your husband has two misdemeanor charges in one year where the first one presumably was a conviction, there is a very good chance that if he is convicted with respect to the current charge of contributing to the delinquency of a minor by purchasing alcohol that he will be fined, sentenced to fifteen (15) days in jail and be placed on probation.

I suggest that he consult with a criminal defense attorney to assist him regarding his current matter.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.