If my husband wants joint physical custody of our 11 and 5 year old but we cannot agree on the best schedule for our kids, how will the courts decide?

Asked on January 16, 2013 under Family Law, Illinois


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

The court system will most likely send your child custody matter to a mediator where the mediator will work with you and your husband to work out the bets compromise between you and your husband with respect to the children's schedule with input from the children where in the end, you and your husband will most likely make the decision as to the custody issues and not the court.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.