Iff my husband pays child support to his ex-wife but his son has moved out of herhome to live with his girlfriend’s parents, does my husband still have to pay?

Can he pay his son’s girlfriend’s parents to help support him?

Asked on January 13, 2013 under Family Law, Utah


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

He can not alter the terms of the child support order or agreement with out going to court and asking the court to alter it.  Although I do not know all the facts here I think that he should speak with some one in the area about doing so for many reasons.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.