my husband passed away and had no will and i need affordable legal service are there attorneys in the state of michigan that are basedi ncome

my income is below the poverty level and i am barely keeping my head above water can you help

Asked on May 26, 2009 under Estate Planning, Michigan


N. K., Member, Iowa and Illinois Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Go to: They provide help with legal problems to low-income Michigan residents. There are listings of organizations and lawyers that can help you, as well as articles, documents, and forms.

Also, there is the Michigan State Bar listing of legal aid programs:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.