What to do if my husband owns a business and a customer currently owes him $650 of a $950 bill?

We have sent bills but no more payments have been made. The original work was done 10 months ago. Can we do anything to get our money?

Asked on May 30, 2014 under Business Law, Illinois


Shawn Jackson / The Jackson Law Firm, P.C.

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

This is exactly what small claims court is for. So, contact your local small claims court and find out what you need to do before you file...and then them to court...as a general rule, it is fairly easy.

Shawn Jackson - California Business Development Attorney

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.