my husband has dimension. can his will be changed by me his POA

My husband has Alzheimers and is in a nursing home. I want to change his will and
I have POA.

Asked on January 21, 2018 under Estate Planning, Pennsylvania


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

Your husband's Will cannot be changed.  
If your husband had dementia or was otherwise incompetent when he signed the Will, the Will can be challenged in Probate Court.  
If the Will is invalidated, then inheritance will be determined by intestate succession.  Intestate  means dying without a Will.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.