If my husband and I established an LLC last year but would like to change it so that only I am a member, what do we need to file?

We are both members currently.

Asked on April 2, 2015 under Business Law, Illinois


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

You can file in duplicate the LLC-5.25, Articles of Amendment form with the Secretary of State by mail or in person with the filing fee. You have the additional option of filing LLC Amendments online in Illinois, but only if the amendment is just a name change.  Look here: 


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.