What to do if my husband and I are going to get divorced and now he’s living in my seasonal camper but he won’t leave?

His name is only on the seasonal lease for the property; my name is on the camper. How do I get him to move out? He has no income or vehicle. I am afraid that he will trash the camper.

Asked on June 26, 2012 under Family Law, Massachusetts


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

If you and your husband are going through a marital dissolution proceeding filed with your county court clerk and you want him out of the seasonal camper that you have in your name only, then you need to file a petition with the court clerk seeking such relief.

Before you file, I suggest that you send your soon to be former husband a letter seeking that he vacate himself from your seasonal camper. Keep a copy of it for future reference. If he does not leave the camper by the desired date, then you file your petition with the court clerk and attach a copy of the letter as an exhibit to your declaration seeking the relief you desire.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.