If my grandson’s mother passed last year without a Will, is he entitled to anything?

He got notice of a probate date. His mother remarried few years back.

Asked on March 24, 2014 under Estate Planning, Oklahoma


Anne Brady / Law Office of Anne Brady

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

Under Oklahoma law, the new spouse gets his 1/2 of the community property and then splits the remainder of the estate equally with the decent's children.  Under Arizona law, the spouse would get everything.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.