What to do if my grandson was driving my car to the bank after I had eye surgery and had an accident but my insurer will not cover the damage?

Asked on September 24, 2012 under Accident Law, Texas


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

If you believe that your insurer should have covered the damage, you can sue the insurer to force them to honor the terms of the policy; insurance policies are insurance contracts, and both parties are bound by their terms. The key issue then, is why is the insurer refusing to pay, and is that refusal supported by and legal under the terms of the policy?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.