How can transfer all of the rights on my late dad’s doublewide trailer and lot(s) out of the estate and over to my husband?

My father passed away 2 years ago. I am the administrater of his estate and only heir. My husband and I have been paying on his bank note ever since his passing. What is the fastest and easiest way to do this in georgia?

Asked on March 14, 2014 under Estate Planning, Georgia


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

Assuming title to the double wide is in joint tenancy with your state's DMV where you are the surviving joint tenant, then you need to submit an affidavit of surviving joint tenant with a certified copy of your father's death certificate to the DMV. If not, you need to get an order from a probate filing placing the unit in your name and from there you transfer title to your spouse. I suggest consulting with an attorney in your locality. One from can be located.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.