What to do if my father and I fly RC airplanes and 1 of them crashed into our neighbor’s tree but he will not let us retreive it?

Our neighbor has huge trees in his yard. One day 1 of our planes crashed into his tree. When my dad went over to ask if it was okay if we went onto his property to retrieve it, the neighbor freaked out and chased my dad off of his property. How do we get our plane back? Can we get it back or is there nothing we can legally do?

Asked on September 19, 2012 under Real Estate Law, Utah


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

I would simply walk to the neighbor's home and ask permission to get the airplane that crashed into his or her tree. I would bring a plate of cookies or some other enticement to appease the neighbor to allow you to retrieve the airplane that went awry. If the neighbor refuses access then you are essentially out of luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.