Can my husband now add the step children to his insurance even though their is a court order for my ex to do so?

I have a court order for my ex to provide our 2 boys health insurance, however he has never even applied.

Asked on January 16, 2013 under Family Law, Illinois


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

You need to do what is best for your children. If you need to add the children to your husband's health insurance policy, do so. Your recourse is to seek reimbursement from your "ex" for the added costs to do so either voluntarily or by way of a court order.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.