What can I do if my ex-husband just recently bought 2 addtional cars which totals 5 cars but he is now telling me he cannot pay me this month for a court ordered payment?

I do not care that he has all these cars but my concern is that he is now going to use the, “I do not have money to pay you this month, can you ask your boyfriend to help”. What can I do to get my money before he owes me a greater amount?

Asked on September 2, 2015 under Family Law, California


M.H., Member, California Bar / M.H., Member, California Bar

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

You should consult with a local family law attorney or your county's family facilitator's office.  I am pretty confident that your local judge would not condone your ex-husband's actions and behavior.  If your ex-husband's actions are eggregious enough, you can always ask the judge to have your ex pay your attorneys' fees, if incurred.   

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.