What to if my ex-husband is supposed to have insurance on my 2 kids but does not?

e also has to pay child support. He has recently has come into some money I want to know if my kids have and rights to some of the money?

Asked on January 24, 2013 under Family Law, Nebraska


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

You need to go to court and file a contempt motion against him. Also find out how your prosecutor's office handles "dead beat" dads.  In essence, do they maintain their own prosecution of parents who do not pay court mandated child support. Be proactive. Offer as much information as possible so you may have more success in obtaining those monies.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.