If my ex-boyfriend is threatening me saying that he will make a website and post all my nude photos, what can I do?

Asked on September 22, 2012 under Personal Injury, Illinois


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

You can preempt him by suing him to enjoin him from doing so citing copyright infringement and invasion of privacy and harassment.  You should immediately contact the police. To do so after they are posted will create an endless web of links and tags that you will need to follow to stop and take down.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.