If my divorce was final 4 months ago, how can I go about enforcing what was court ordered?

I was awarded custody. Child support was supposed to start in may and I’ve received 0.00. Also our property was mandated in the decree to be sold but she refuses to vacate the property witch we jointly own.

Asked on July 22, 2015 under Family Law, Texas


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

To enforce the court order, you will need to file documents with the court requesting a hearing at which you will pursue contempt of court against your ex-wife.

The court clerk can tell you which documents you will need to file for the hearing and will assist you in scheduling the hearing.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.