If my 3 year old daughter was involved in an incident at a fast food chain and now they want to settle, what is a good amount or should contact a lawyer?

This happened 7 months ago. The top of the ice machin as I was putting ice in her cup fell off and hit her in the head, causing her to have to go to the er and receive 6 stitches. I was contacted by their insurance and they’ve been asking for updates.

Asked on August 4, 2015 under Personal Injury, Kentucky


Anne Brady / Law Office of Anne Brady

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

It is usually best to hire a lawyer for premises liability claims such as this one.  A lawyer can typically negotiate a higher settlement amount, the difference being more than enough to pay the attorney a contingency fee.  And you will not owe the attorney anything until the case is settled.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.