What to do if my daughter was bitten by a dog on her face but her mother refuses to give me the owner’s info to pursue them legally for the personal injury?

She required 30 stitches by a plastic surgeon. This happened while she was with her mother, visiting the new boyfriend’s parents.

Asked on January 22, 2013 under Personal Injury, Florida


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

The plastic surgeon under the laws of your state is required to report the dog bite incident to authorities. As such, you can contact the plastic surgeon as the minor's father for the desired information and if he or she refuses to give you the information, you can ask who the incident was reported to and follow up with your own investigation.

I suggest that you may want to consult with a personal injury attorney about the incident as well as to how to proceed with getting the information you need and how to pursue a claim for your daughter.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.