If my daughter was a passenger in a car that was struck by a pickup and was injured, is she entitled to an award for pain and suffering?

She has some cuts and bruises from the air bag and debris. The pick-up ran a red light.

Asked on December 3, 2013 under Personal Injury, Michigan


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

Under the laws of all states in this country a personal injury victim is entitled to his or her compensable damages including medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering. Your daughter seemingly would be entitled to the above if she was injured as a passenger in a vehicle. I suggest that she consult with a personal injury attorney in your locality. One can be found on attorneypages.com.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.