If my daughter jumped from a friend’s pier into a river and fractured her ankle, will their homeowner insurance cover her medical bills?

Asked on June 24, 2012 under Personal Injury, Virginia


Leigh Anne Timiney / Timiney Law Firm

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

It it possible the homeowner's insurance carrier will cover her medical bills.  It all depends upon the policy and the terms of the policy.  Hopefully the family will be helpful to you in providing the policy information or establishing a claim themselves.  

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.