What to do if my cousin is in comma and the doctor wants to disconnect her from the machines?

We want to keep her connected, in hopes for her to live. Where can we go for free or low-cost help?

Asked on September 10, 2013 under Malpractice Law, California


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

I suggest that you consult with your local legal aid clinic o see what legal advice can be given you and your family. In essence you need to ascertain if your cousin signed a medical power of attorney with respect to a situation that she has fallen into. Another option is to consult with a Wills and trust attorney in your locality. One can be found on attorneypages.com.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.