What are my rights if I was given the wrong sized contacts by my doctor?

My contacts have been making one of eyes red and burning, so I went to the eye doctor to see what was wrong. He told me that my contacts were sized incorrectly and are too small and that I now have an eye infection. The doctor I received my contacts from, I only just started using her. Would have a case against her?

Asked on September 25, 2012 under Malpractice Law, New York


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

If the doctor who measure you for the contacts that you have made an error in measurements for the items causing an eye infection then he or she should be held accountable for your medical expenses and the costs of new contacts.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.