What can I do if my company owes me $20,000 in unpaid commissions which they refuse to pay me because they used the money for material without my permission?

Asked on July 29, 2015 under Employment Labor Law, Arizona


Anne Brady / Law Office of Anne Brady

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

You can sue your former employer and collect treble damages, which is three times the amount of unpaid wages.  Contact a lawyer as soon as possible. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.