What to do if my business partner will not come to work?

I work 80 hours per week, just to pay the bills. He will not agree to sell the property our business is build on. We have no partnership agreement. I want to sell and pay off the debt, he won’t agree. In the meantime, I am working endless hours just to pay the loans and am not taking a paycheck. I had to sign personally for the loans and hate to ruin my credit, which has always been top notch. Do I have any options?

Asked on January 14, 2013 under Business Law, New York


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Your option os to consult with a business attorney about the unfortunate situation that you are in to give you the guidance so that you can make a decision as to how you want to proceed. Your business partner seemingly has a problem. He or she essentially has abandoned the business and you need to make appropriate decisions as to how you resolve the matter.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.