What to do if my brother was arrested in one county for a warrant from another county for forgery but the arresting county turned him over to a 3rd county for questioning in a murder case?

Is this legal?

Asked on October 9, 2013 under Criminal Law, Missouri


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

What you have written about is perfectly legal. With that being said, your brother needs to retain a competent criminal defense attorney to defend him. One in your or his locality can be found via attorneypages.com if you are not aware of a good referral.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.