What to do if my brother was on F1 visa attending community college and went to home to Sri Lanka to get his F1 visa renewed but got denied due to attending a community college for too long and low grades?

We know an well-established American family who is willing to sponsor him to come back to USA. Is this possible? What does this unrelated family has to do get my brother over here to USA?

Asked on January 10, 2013 under Immigration Law, Ohio


Harun Kazmi / Kazmi and Sakata Attorneys at Law

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Hello. There is not much this family can do besides sign an affidavit of support. I would need more information on his denial and prior lengths of stay in the US in order to advise. You should get the school involved to help support any appeal or refile that he is trying to do.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.