My boyfriend was charged with breach of peace was required to take weekly **** tests for marijuana and has failed 4 tests, will he have to do time?

He was charged with breach of peace for an arguement with his mother in Connecticut, she actually lied in her statement and the court has not been able to contact regarding this case because she now realizes what she did lie. The judge requiered to attend AIC classes and anger managment which he finished and had a excellent reports from them, because he did fail the **** test’s they are making him see a counsler and attend intensive outpatient rehab however he still has dirty urines. He also has a public attorney who has never formally discussed his case. Will he end up having to do time?

Asked on June 3, 2009 under Criminal Law, Connecticut


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

I'm not a Connecticut attorney, and I don't know all of the facts of your boyfriend's case.  But it sounds to me that he can either clean up his act outside of jail, right away, or he will have to clean it up while locked up, either in jail or an involuntary inpatient rehab.

Urine stays "dirty" for up to 30 days after using marijuana, according to several sources I've read and testimony I've heard in court.  It's possible, but very, very unusual, to get repeated false positives.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.