What to do if my boyfriend was arrested for domestic and is up against violation of his probation but my statement against him was untrue?

My statement to the police is false and I went to them to drop my statement or change it. They said no. Who can I contact to let them know my statement is false? His probation officer or prosecutor? Please help me. This is the father of my child and none of this should have happened. He never laid a hand on me, my crazy ex called the police to set him up. I know it’s legal to drop my statement. Why would the officer say no?

Asked on November 4, 2013 under Criminal Law, Connecticut


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

Under the laws of all states in this country the submission of a false statement is a crime where if convicted jail could be the result. From what you have written, you really should consult with a criminal defense attorney in your locality to give you competent advice for resolution. 0ne in your locality can be found on attorneypages.com.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.