If my boyfriend and I are in Las Vegas on vacation and he was hit by a drunk driver, do we find a lawyer here or back home?

Asked on March 21, 2012 under Personal Injury, Illinois


Zane Cagle / The Cagle Law Firm

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

I would recommend calling an attorney locally that you trust. They can then refer you to a reliable attorney in NV that can best represent you. If the drunk driver resides in NV then you would have to file there.  Always best to use an attorney you trust first and foremost.

Hong Shen / Roberts Law Group

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

You have to file in Las Vegas since the accident happened there, provided the drunk driver is a resident there and the NV court has jurisdiction over him.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.