my bank account is frozen and i have no money to support myself and my family how do i lift this order in order to do so prior to my court date?

My bank account was froze on 5/19/09 and my court date is 6/15/09. That is my only source of my income going in and out to support myself and my family. Is there any legal documentation that can help me lift this order to have my account unfrozen?

Asked on May 26, 2009 under Business Law, Illinois


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

You need to get legal help asap.  If you can not afford an attorney go down to the Court and ask them to refer you to Legal Services.  From the information you have given it is unclear why your account was frozen a month before your court date.  Was there already a proceeding started against you? 

The court clerks can also be helpful in preparing an expedited motion to lift the restriction on your account until further court proceedings, if at all possible.  It is hard to tell from the information you have given here.  Bring all the paperwork down to the Court with you.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.