If my apartment is infested with roaches and I’ve been bitten twice, what should I do?

Also, all of my furniture and my television are ruined.

Asked on June 4, 2014 under Real Estate Law, Massachusetts


Shawn Jackson / The Jackson Law Firm, P.C.

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

First, take pictures of the problems for your records; second, call the landlord to inform them about the issues, third, call the local housing tenant board in your community, fourth, call the health department and a pest exterminator...then call an attorney of your choice.

Shawn Jackson California Business Development Attorney

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.