What to do about a wrongful eviction notice and and a guarantor?

My apartment complex has given me a 3 day eviction notice for default on 2 months rent, however I turned both checks in. I paid my rent in money orders; I have one copy of the receipt so I can reorder it but it will take 30 days, which they said they will not give to me. Also, they are saying that it will ruin my credit and my mom’s credit yet she didn’t sign the guarantor form. They used the one from my previous lease which was for 2 months over the summer; a completely different lease and apartment (in the same complex) without her permission or knowledge. Is there anything that I can do to prevent the eviction? Could we sue for them transferring her guarantor form without permission?

Asked on November 7, 2012 under Real Estate Law, Texas


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

I suggets that you contact the property manager face to face about the situation that you have written about ans provide copies to him or her of payments made for rent. Follow up with a written letter or e mail memorializing the conversation. If such does not resolve the matter, your option is to contest the eviction and possibly consult with a landlord tenant attorney to assist you in such an endeavor.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.