My 19-year old sold her car to an adult without consulting me, is this legally acceptable?

Do we have any recourse to get the car back?

Asked on February 28, 2012 under General Practice, California


Hong Shen / Roberts Law Group

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

She is above legal majority age. If the car is her property, with her name on the title, this contract is valid.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.