Is there anything that can be done if my 16 year old daughter slept with a 27 year old man?

Asked on November 7, 2011 under Criminal Law, South Carolina


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

If you have concrete information that your 16 year old daughter slept with a 27 year old adult male, you should contact law enforcement about what happened. For want of a better word, what happened is child abuse and a crime has occurred.

Your 16 year old daughter, a minor was taken advantage by an adult 11 years her senior. As her parent, you have the obligation to protect her from danger. What transpired was not right. Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.