What can I expect and should I retain an attorney if my 15 year old son was given a disorderly conduct citation?

He has never been in trouble before.

Asked on May 30, 2012 under Criminal Law, Pennsylvania


Andrew Goldberg

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Disorderly conduct is a summary offense. It is the equivalent of a traffic ticket, being of less severity than a misdemeanor or felony. In the Juvenile setting, it is likely that your son is looking at community service hours and perhaps a short period of court supervision. You probably do not need an attorney, unless the local, juvenile court requires it.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.