Wht to do if my 14 year old refuses to come to my house for remander of summer visatation?

Her father and I have a parent agreement that states how many days we both get her for the summer. What can I do to continue to see her for my remander days over the summer?

Asked on August 2, 2012 under Family Law, Virginia


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

I am so sorry for the situation.  You need to step back for a second and figure out what is going on.  Is it her Father that is interferring with the visitation or is it that she does not wish to come?  His interference is dealt with through the courts.  But her refusal can be a difficult situation.  If you bring a motion against her father then that will cause resentment toward you.  And if she is delivered unwillingly what kind of "visit" will that really be?  I am not saying that you should not have time with your daughter.  Quite the contrary.  But you need to find a way to resolve the matter amicably between you all.  Search for a middle ground.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.