What to do about mold in the workplace?

A little over 2 1/2 years ago, was transferred to work at another facilty (hospital), as soon as I got there, I started itching, coughing, etc. Cough got worse after the first week. I then went to see doctor; said it could possibly be mold. Previous years, hurricane hit area, carpet in dept. got wet. Then had to go to specialist, paid about $900 out of pocket since insurance didn’t cover. Specialist said it would not affect me now but in the long run. Long story short, I now have asthma, bronchitis, upper respiratory infection etc. Which I’ve never had up until I go sick due to hospital. Can something still be done? This may will be 3 years.

Asked on January 23, 2013 under Personal Injury, Texas


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

I suggest that you consult with a personal injury attorney who has experience with worker's compensation claims in tjat the injury that you have reported seems to be work related. As such, you should consider making a worker's compensation claim for your maladay.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.