What to do about mistreatment in the county jail?

I was in the county jail for the last 4 days. It took around 60 hours to go through processing until I got to an actual bunk. I was told that as an inmate I have the right to get to a bunk with in 24 hours. I also believe that I may have obtained a staff infection while in jail. I was wondering if I am entitled to any compensation for any of these issues. Any insight would be much appreciated.

Asked on July 19, 2012 under Personal Injury, California


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

If you believe that you were mistreated in the county jail of the township where you reside, you should consult with an attorney that practices personal injury law specifically in the area of suing municipalities. Be prepared to provide this attorney with all documentation supporting your claims with the names of all possible witnesses.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.