Missouri statue of limitations for a bad check

Yesterday I was pulled over for speeding in Missouri. I live in Oklahoma. I was notified that there was an active warrant for my arrest from 16 years ago. I was told it was for a

Asked on October 2, 2017 under Criminal Law, Oklahoma


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

Yes, you should have legal representation for this. The fact is that the statute of limitations only applies to the time in which charges can be brought against a person. In your case, since they have been, the SoL no longer applies. At this pont, you need to consult directly with a criminal defense attorney who can best advise you further.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.