What to do if my doctor performed cataract surgey on my and now I have permanent muscle damage in my right eye?

He used 6 syringes of anesthesia to numb the nerves prior to surgery. Have photos taken right after surgery. I have permanent muscle damage now, the eye is out of focus and I have only partial vision correction with $400 special prescription glasses. The doctor also inserted the wrong lens into my eye, reducing night vision by 30%. I have not been able to drive at night and have only limited driving ability during the day. Additionally, I have lost much business revenue. Do I have a case?

Asked on February 25, 2013 under Malpractice Law, California


Catherine Blackburn / Blackburn Law Firm

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

You may very well have a case and you have significant damages.  California has specific laws limiting malpractice damages and making malpractice cases difficult.  Nonetheless, a number of attorneys still prosecute malpractice cases in California.  I suggest you call some to see what they can do for you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.