legal clause if a land is sold without giving road linkage

The house is sold without giving road
linkage. Now the land owner is
demanding more money for giving road

Asked on May 22, 2016 under Real Estate Law, Alaska


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

If property is "landlocked"--that is, there is no way to access it because it is surrounded by other properties--you can bring a legal action in court for the court to create an "easement" by "prescription", or a right to cross the surrounding land created by necessity. If you want to explore this option, consult with a real estate attorney.
But you can only do this if landlocked. If you don't currently have road access but could access a public road by building a private road across your own land, you have to do that.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.