If a lawyer for creditor put the wrong name on stipulation form, do I still have to pay?

Recently went to court for a debt collection. After meeting with the lawyer for the creditor, I agreed to a payment plan. After the judge signed the stipulation form, I left. While driving home I noticed that the name on the stipulation form is not my name. Do I still have to pay or can I get out of this debt because of this error?

Asked on March 3, 2012 under Bankruptcy Law, Rhode Island


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.