If I had my finger amputated due to a work related accident, am I entitled to any other compensation aside from worker’s comp and paid medical expenses?

Asked on July 16, 2012 under Personal Injury, California


Robert Slim / Robert C. Slim - Attorney at Law

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

It depends.  You really need to call a lawyer.  The laws in this area differ from state to state.  In Texas, if there is "worker's comp" then you may not have a civil claim.  But the definition of "worker's comp" is very particular.  Do not go at this lightly.  Make sure you know what you are dealing with.  Consult with a lawyer in your state as soon as possible.  If you are in Texas, call me and I will consult with you free of charge.  Robert C. Slim: 214-321-8225.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.