its been 7 month since my claim . what type of lawyer do i need to speak to?

Asked on July 6, 2009 under Insurance Law, California


L.M., Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

That depends on what type of claim you made.  If you had a car accident or you slipped and fell, and it is an injury claim, you'll need a personal injury attorney.  If it is a workers' comp claim through work, you'll need a workers' comp attorney.  You can find attorneys of all specialties listed on, or call your local bar association.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.