Is there any way that I can post bail for a person in jail who has a no contact order to stay away from me?

That having been said, the county granted us phone contact for extenuating circumstances. The bond business I spoke with said my name would not show up in any of the transaction; that it will appear as though my fiance is bailing himself out. I’m confused about this; I don’t want to get drawn into legal trouble myself.

Asked on November 1, 2013 under Criminal Law, Minnesota


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

Yes, you can go to a bail bondsman to place a bail bond for the person who is in jail where there is a stay away order in place as to you and the other person. With that being said, I suggest that you consult with a criminal defense attorney to give you some more guidance.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.